minimize obs to system tray

matsy_190

hello. i would like to know how i minimize obs to system tray when i close obs so it can record in the background without it actually being open. thanks in advance

Suslik V

minimize obs to system tray...
Settings > General > System Tray section (scroll down if you don't see the option) > Always minimize to system tray instead of task bar

This is when you are using "minimize" button, not "close".

...without it actually being open
Anyway OBS is running. So, what sense? Do you want to run it minimized to tray when application started? Then there is another checkbox under the Settings > General > System Tray section.

matsy_190

Settings > General > System Tray section (scroll down if you don't see the option) > Always minimize to system tray instead of task bar

This is when you are using "minimize" button, not "close".

Anyway OBS is running. So, what sense? Do you want to run it minimized to tray when application started? Then there is another checkbox under the Settings > General > System Tray section.
no what i want to do is when i press the "X" to close obs i want it to minimize to system tray, sort of like spotify

NikosXrim

no what i want to do is when i press the "X" to close obs i want it to minimize to system tray, sort of like spotify
in that case you just press the minimize button instead of X and it will minimize to system tray. given that you checked the corresponding box in settings..