Question / Help Minecraft Resolution

grand_mind1

I have been trying to get streaming with OBS to work for Minecraft for a few months now. I am very new to streaming and don't understand a lot of the settings. So far I have been successful in setting up most of the settings. The only setting that has escaped my grasp is resolution. I've followed many guides on how to set this up but mine never looks the same as the person making the guide. I've tried using my native monitor resolution and the game resolution but it always either is a black window, Minecraft doesn't fit on the screen, or it is too small for the screen. I am trying to stream at 720p with a resolution of 1280x720. My monitor native resolution is 1920x1080. I am trying to stream it with software capture because when I try Game capture it just shows a black screen and my cursor. As I've said, I have been trying at this for almost 3 months and it's starting to get on my nerves. If someone could kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be great.
Help is appreciated!
Thanks!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Set your base resolution to 1920x1080 and your downscale to 1280x720.

Do you run Minecraft in Windowed mode or Fullscreen mode? Are you running 64bit or 32bit OBS?

Do you think you could post your log? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97

grand_mind1

Sorry, I made the topic in a rush and didn't realize how unfinished it was.
Log file:
http://pastebin.com/yUny2CQv
I am running 32-bit on a 64-bit operating system because I had problems with crashing on the 64-bit version.I understand that OBS is a very difficult and time consuming thing to make and there will sometimes be bugs. I will try switching back to 64-bit and test if the crashing has been resolved. I also don't really know what windowed and fullscreen mean. I think I play it at windowed but with it maximized to take up the screen(besides the taksbar). I don't think this is considered full screen because I know you can press F11 to get it to cover all of the screen.

Xphome

grand_mind1 said:
I've tried using my native monitor resolution and the game resolution but it always either is a black window, Minecraft doesn't fit on the screen, or it is too small for the screen.

Minecraft doesn't fit on the screen? Have you edited the scene to make it fit?