Question / Help Minecraft Game Capture Flickering Problem

iBeaner

Minecraft Flickering Bug

So, ever since I upgraded my PC from a AMD 6300 and a GTX 960 to a AMD 8320 and a R9 380. I have been having flickering problems with OBS when I turn on game capture. This problem does not happen when I play another game or use another recording software or use moniter capture. It does some weird funky frozen looking thing when I use windows capture, so that doesn't work. I tried x264 and VCE. They both have the flickering problem. I would love to have some feedback and support, so we can fix this problem. I love this software to death and really hope this can be fixed. Thanks for reading!

Probable reasons for these bugs and ways to fix the bug:
Underline = Link
Italic/Dash = Was not the reason/Will not fix.

Last edited:

iBeaner

Still incomplete.

What specific version of OBS are you actually using?
woops again.
Update: Updated OBS LOGS 2
(srry i'm busy with HW currently so i'm stressed/tired, but really want to solve this issue

Open Broadcaster Software v0.653b - 64bit (VCE/AMF supported version)

Also, thanks for using your time to help me :)

iBeaner

iBeaner

AMD/intel build is fine, it's the AMD CPU that's your problem.
Also, I had a AMD CPU before that worked fine unless the problem only happens with this particular CPU or one of my hardware is damage because these parts were used by other owners. It also could be something with Minecraft that is messing with OBS game capture.

iBeaner

I already wiped out my hardrive and reinstall my OS,drivers, minecraft, and obs first. The problem still kept happening.

iBeaner

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8320+Eight-Core
Per-thread it's actually quite a bit worse than either the 4770k or 4790k intel i7s.

AMD claims the chip is an 8-core, but it's really 4-core with hyperthreading. Per-thread, the intel i7 scores in the 2100 range. Your AMD scores in the 1300 range (higher is better)
Yes, the 8320 is not the best compared to a i7, because theres a HUGE price diffrence between those two cpus. My CPU is very good for the price I got it for ($110) while the i7 is ($400).

Now, not to get off topic. Do you have any other ideas to fix my problem. Also anyway you can get a Admin/Mod/Dev to help since your a Well-Known member, you probably have ways to contact them? Maybe. It will be very awesome if you did!

Harold

You using optifine in your minecraft install?
It's known to cause all kinds of graphics oddities.

iBeaner

Darn, it wasnt optifine. BUT I turn on vsync to 60fps in minecraftand the flickering was reducing ALOT! so I'm on to something!

Edit: I tested the vsync thing again, false alarm, problem still happening.