Question / Help midikey2key for Mac?

Fertope

I don't know if you've got to make it work by now, but I'm a Mac user and I'm working with midiStroke to control OBS. You've got to use a virtual MIDI port (Mac has its own called IAC Driver) to make it work and having the OBS as the active window on your Mac. Otherwise, it won't work.

Last edited:

Tsukai Ban

I don't know if you've got to make it work by now, but I'm a Mac user and I'm working with midiStroke to control OBS. You've got to use a virtual MIDI port (Mac has its own called IAC Driver) to make it work and having the OBS as the active window on your Mac. Otherwise, it won't work.

Hello Fertope,
I am on Mac too and I would like if it is possible for you, that you give me more details on how to use the IAC manager with OBS and midistroke or with Midi Key which I find more pleasant than midistroke for graphics . I know how to use IAC with my different music software (Ableton, Native instruments etc ...) but here I tell you that I don't understand the principle with Midistroke and MidiKeys because OBS does not have an internal midi manager to tell it who he will receive the news.
Thank you for your precious help
cordially,
Tsukai

Was also looking for a Mac solution. The procedures I've seen so far with all these MIDI rerouting tools to not truly take MIDI into OBS. They just remap the MIDI messages to keystrokes, and then you map those keystrokes as you normally would in OBS.