MIDI\OSC Continuous Controllers

Glennzone

Hello OBS folks,

If this feature is not currently available (and I don't see that it is), I'm wondering what the interest would be in being able to extend Remote Control possibilities within OBS :
We have switches in hotkeys which are very useful, but there is room for growth - not just in hotkey-like switches (with OSC data or MIDI note on\off data), but even to remote control scene\source variables with MIDI continuous controller data, namely numerical parameters within filters, transformations, transitions, etc. They could even be used to alter color\hue\saturation\alpha, etc.

I don't know if any of that parameter information is currently even exposed and addressable, but my query should open this up for discussion. There is A LOT of potential in this, including the ability to provide a much more flexible interface in addition to a keyboard, mouse, or button box. I don't expect it would have much impact on performance to map "triggers" to "sensors" - MIDI is a very low bandwidth protocol. OSC isn't even governed by the MIDI spec.

What is the interest ?
Has anybody approached this usage of technology ?

All the best, to you and through you.

Thanks,
Glennzone

Leffe

Hi Glennzone,

To be able to use MIDI to control things in OBS is very interesting. That would give new controls to do live-streaming for artists made simple ant with a professional look.

Best,

//Leffe