Microphone not working in existing scene collection

AnOnlooker

Hello!

My microphone doesn't work in my current scene collection when it worked just fine the day before with no settings being changed in-between. If I create a scene and add my microphone to it or if I remove and re-add my microphone to a scene, nothing works.

However, if I keep my existing profile settings, create a scene collection, create a scene and add a microphone to it, it works. Recreating my entire scene collection every time I run into this issue does not seem like a reasonable solution.

Any suggestions?

Lawrence_SoCal

Recently I did an OS and Realtek driver update... and the Mic Audio Source didn't work anymore
Turns out OBS had Audio Source Properties to Default (vs a named) Mic source... which I think was a change??
Anyway, I changed Device/Properties from Default to the Audio System (Realtek) for the microphone, and all is well again
mentioned just in case something similar is happening in your situation

Your OBS log does appear to show trying to enumerate an audio source and failing

AnOnlooker

Hello again!

I fixed the problem day after I made the post and I came back to share it.

If you import/export or switch scene collections, the microphone source won't always go to what it's supposed to be. You will have to right click on your source, go in properties and select your device again. Because everything was the way it's supposed to be at a first glance, even the filters, I didn't consider looking in the properties.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue!