Bug Report Microphone getting cut out

eXtreameGamer2

I use OBS for live streaming and recording videos. when I record videos I noticed that in a 30 minutes video my mic cuts out at random times. Its never done this with other programs. I record my desktop/Game, facecam, and mic. My facecam shows me talking to the video but no sound from my mic. The sound gets restored at random times. It usually lasts a few seconds. There are no related crashes at any specific time before or after this little problem happens. My computer audio is great throughout the video, The video feed isn't choppy, surprisingly its very smooth. For some reason my mic cuts out at random times using OBS

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The link he provided explains where to get a log file -- settings menu -> open log folder in OBS, or pasting %appdata%\obs\logs into start/run or windowskey-R

eXtreameGamer2

The file or text is to large to post, but for about half of the log this message was appearing:
21:47:49: Audio timestamp for device 'Microphone (USB Audio CODEC )' was behind target timestamp by 10! Had to delete audio segment.

What does that mean?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
That's all the information I needed. Increase your "Scene buffering time" in advanced by 100 increments until it stops.

ImJoeYouKnow

This sounds similar to my issue. Except that the only way to fix the mic is to unplug it and plug it back in. Is that the same issue?