Question / Help Mic keeps cutting/skipping after a couple minutes of recording

Bryan74110

Hey guys recently I built a new pc and so far i've been able to stream really good. I use streamlabsOBS because it's easier to use. Now the problem I'm having is that when I stream my audio gets all buggy. ONLY my mic audio. My friends can hear me all fine but through the software it gets all cut out and weird. I also use voicemeeter to enhance my voice but like I said my friends hear me fine. I've switched from USB 3.0 to 2.0 and back and forth and none seem to fix the problem. I've also change the power output to the USB ports and it still causes problems I love to stream but what's the point when no one can understand what im saying. BTW I use a Samson G Track Pro and it's not the mic because it does this with my Blue yeti aswell. If anyone could help me out please bc i hate this. Here is the Audio CLip to show you what's wrong- Video CLIP

Bryan74110

OKAY so i found out what it was but im not completely sure. Voicemeeter application was the culprit and made me sound robotic. I switched the settings around and i hope it's gonna fix the problem. Any tips?

carlmmii

You have a completely different OS and software that you're dealing with. You need to create your own thread on the mac support forum.

vr_driver

This is an audio problem, and if it's a hertz rate or sampling problem, then there is certainly a correlation. That's what I'm trying to find out - regardless of OS.

carlmmii

This isn't a simple sample rate mismatch.

Since it is a problem of audio glitching, it is highly dependent on the audio chain involved. Windows and mac OS handle things entirely differently, all the way down to the kernel level.

The software that OP was using is software specifically for windows. There is equivalent software on Mac OS, which behaves differently.

Completely different environments, different problems.