Mic audio is choppy

JusJayD

I've been having an issue where my mic audio is really choppy. Does anyone else have this issue in the latest version of OBS? For some info references I am running the latest version on windows 11/

ljobregon

I am having the same issue you described on Windows 11 / Dell Vostro 25 3510 8GB memory. OBS was working perfectly on my older (somewhat) Windows 10 / Lenovo with 12GB memory. i compared OBS settings on both laptops and they are identical. I am live streaming to both FB and YT.

I did try to change the audio in Setting / Audio / Sample Rate to 44.1 khz per another post but no success.

Running OBS 27.2.4 on Windows 11.

FYI i cannot find the option to upload logs.

ljobregon

I attempted to run OBS as admin but audio quality became worse.
I also attempted to use the USB 2.0 port on my laptop instead of the 3.1 USB port. OBS would not connect with camera. Black screen on OBS.

Hoping support picks this up soon. We will start losing viewers immediately as the complaints are coming in. :-(

Lastly, i cannot pull the logs per the instructions as i cannot locate the log directory on my laptop.

ljobregon

Well, i have increased laptop memory from 8gb to 16gb. I also tried stream delay of 20s and enabled buffering thinking this would allow audio/video to operate successfully BUT no success.

Audio still has quick pauses, varying from a few every 3 periods of 30s pauses. There are also periods where the audio goes completely off for about 1 minute or longer.

ljobregon

Analyzed the log file. Basically, a clean log file.

In effect, i can easily reproduce the issue. i cannot upload any video file due to size.

Attaching YouTube link demonstrating the audio skipping issue.

Attachments

• 2022-07-18 12-54-33.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 1

ljobregon

Well, my audio clipping issue on my new Dell / Windows 11 laptop has been resolved. Applied latest patch and this resolved the clipping issue. See attached on how i found the patch.

First open Volume on lower right hand corner of Windows laptop. Expand Manage audio devices then select more volume settings to get to the screen print attached.

Select Check for Updates and apply.

Attachments

• EnhanceAudioSetting.png
    EnhanceAudioSetting.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 45

ljobregon

I am using Elagato Cam Link to communicate from camera to obs studio.