Question / Help Mic Audio can't decide when it actually wants to record.

Tiny Bole

So I have been having some trouble with OBS actually recording my microphone audio lately. The actual bar shows the audio being picked up, but when I stop and rewatch the recording I cannot hear my voice yet I have the actual video audio. I recently tried using Mic/Aux for my mic audio rather than using display capture for both video and mic audio which worked fine before, but lately, I can't get it to work and I know it isn't my mic (Blue Yeti) because I use it on discord very often.

I took one test video before trying to actually record a legit video and it picked both my voice and video audio up so I originally thought everything was fine. I then recorded one that I was going to edit and post thinking I had fixed it, but all I got was the actual video audio from the game I was playing. Anyways I will post some pictures displaying my settings, ANY advice would be appreciated. If needed I will post more pictures.

Not sure how log files work as far as posting them so if I posted it incorrectly let me know.

https://obsproject.com/logs/hD1jrgOJpbLCdHqB

Attachments

• OBS.png
    OBS.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 20
  • OBS MicAux Setting.png
    OBS MicAux Setting.png
    7 KB · Views: 21

koala

According to the log, you're recording to 3 separate tracks. Keep in mind that a media player plays back only one track at a time. It will never mix any tracks. To hear the other tracks in your recording, you have to switch to it in the media player. The purpose of multi-track recording is to be able to mix the tracks with an external software after recording and replace the separate audio tracks with the mixed postprocessed single track.

If you want best of both, i. e. a mixed audio track for fast preview and separate audio tracks for postprocessing, add a 4th track and activate every source for it, like this:
1571825688903.png

Here you get every source in track 1 (which is what is used by media players as default) and in addition every source again in a separate track.

Tiny Bole

According to the log, you're recording to 3 separate tracks. Keep in mind that a media player plays back only one track at a time. It will never mix any tracks. To hear the other tracks in your recording, you have to switch to it in the media player. The purpose of multi-track recording is to be able to mix the tracks with an external software after recording and replace the separate audio tracks with the mixed postprocessed single track.

If you want best of both, i. e. a mixed audio track for fast preview and separate audio tracks for postprocessing, add a 4th track and activate every source for it, like this:
View attachment 48617

Here you get every source in track 1 (which is what is used by media players as default) and in addition every source again in a separate track.

Oh wow, I feel so dumb for overlooking this, but this totally fixed my issue. I even looked into my media player and saw the option to switch over to my Yeti and it turns out it did record my mic the entire time. I'm not that great with configuring audio even when I used audacity, but thanks so much!