Merge "Problems and Bugs" and "Questions and Help"

Grimio

Hi there, I don't think that the average user is experienced enough to differentiate between a bug and a wrong configuration when something is not working.
This is pretty apparent because these two forums are already used for both bug reports and general help.

My suggestion is to merge those two into just "Qestions and Help".

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Maybe move "Questions and Help" above "Problems and Bugs", and rename "Problems and Bugs" to "Bug Reports"?

I agree that the two are virtually indistinguishable at the moment.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
I think previously I had the forums called 'General Help' and 'Issues and Bugs', listed in that order.

It led to 90% of the threads being put in General Help, whether it was a bug or not.

Renaming to Bug Reports seems a good suggestion though.

Muf

Forum Moderator
I spent a few weeks moving threads between the two forums as necessary, but I lost motivation after a while. The most striking were threads posted in "Questions and Help" that started with the phrase "I have a problem with..."

Grimio

To be fair, when you name a forum "help" it's not far fetched for people to expect getting help there ^^

Grimio

Okay, just renaming the Problems and Bugs forum somewhat didn't do much. Is it just me or did the frequency of not-a-bug-posts increase in the Bug Reports forum?

There must be something psychological going on here, which I'm not good at identifying, heh.

So, my suggestion is as follows: let the Bug Reports be a sub forum for Questions and Help.
The reason is that those who actually KNOW that it's a bug will find the right forum eventually, and all the others will see the shiny Help forum and be correct about it.

Maybe all hope is lost and it's human nature to blame the program for everything that went wrong. I'm scared.