Media Sources, switch automatically scenes ?

j0hnobs

Hello everybody,

I start with OBS and I ask myself some questions about a video editing..

To explain to you I have 3 scenes with each a video to play (Media sources) :

Screenshot from 2022-03-26 06-26-49.png

I would like to save all scenes with the sweeping effect as a transition.

But OBS does not play scenes automatically, How to set OBS to automatically launch the different scenes (starting with the scene 1) ?

it's possible ?

Thanks.

roleli

Few options to possibly solve your problem

1. VLC
If they are all video files install VLC. Restart OBS and you should see a VLC source. Add the videos in a playlist in the order you would like them to appear. Only once scene would be needed.

2. Advance Scene Switcher Plugin
You will need to get this plugin, Advance Scene plugin , Advance Scene Switcher
Then you will need to note the time of each clip, set scene and set the time media and which scene to switch to when that media stops playing i.e. time elapse
  • when scene 1 is active switch to scene 2 after 90 secs
  • when scene 2 is active switch to scene 3 after 120 secs
3. BitFocus Companion
Companion has a feature that allows you to set triggers. You can use this tool to trigger the select scene to go live(program) based on configured time or when a previous media or scene finishes playing

Lawrence_SoCal

Few options to possibly solve your problem
2. Advance Scene Switcher Plugin
You will need to get this plugin, Advance Scene plugin , Advance Scene Switcher
Then you will need to note the time of each clip, set scene and set the time media and which scene to switch to when that media stops playing i.e. time elapse
  • when scene 1 is active switch to scene 2 after 90 secs
  • when scene 2 is active switch to scene 3 after 120 secs
Actually, with AdvSS, on the Media tab, you can set, if playing a music or video file, for example, to auto-switch scenes based on file playing ending (not need to calculate time)

With AdvSS you can automate starting streaming and/or recording, scene changes, etc. I also setup an ending sequence with a fade to black, end recording/streaming, etc (My sequence ended up using 3 scenes, and there is probably a better way to do it, but it works for me..)

So, I'm a very happy user of AdvSS for last almost 2 years. There is a LOT you can do with it, and with the new Macro tab, the limit tends to be your imagination

j0hnobs

Thank you for your answers!

I installed the plugin Advanced Scene Switcher, Everything works perfectly !

j0hnobs

Here is the installation procedure I followed for Debian Sid :

Bash:
sudo apt install libxss1

Bash:
sudo cp ~/Downloads/SceneSwitcher/Linux/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins

Bash:
sudo cp -r ~/Downloads/SceneSwitcher/Linux/advanced-scene-switcher/data /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher