Media Encoder for Streaming on Internet without Facebook/Twitch/Youtube?

Mark Weiss

Back in 2005, I used to stream live from my cable connection via a program called Windows Media Encoder. I was able to set it up easily and embed the video on my web page. And people could watch the stream from anywhere.
I'm trying to break away from corporate streaming services because of the following:
1647398917304.png

So I need to finally crack the streaming problem. I've been struggling with the nginx "solution" for four years now, and have not yet succeeded in getting it to be visible online. Something like a modern day Windows Media Encoder is what I need. I used to run that on Windows XP, but I am now on Windows 10 Pro and so is my web server.

OBS is a terrific tool, but it needs a companion tool to make streaming from a private connection a reality and free us from the corporate AI Bots that auto cancel our live streams for thousands of ridiculous reasons.

I'm not so concerned about multicast capability, as I'm returning to Japan soon and will subscribe to NTT Docomo's 2gb/s service (symmetrical), which should handle a decent sized audience. I just want to crack the streaming server part of the equation now and finally get it working.

Megalo_Poutso

Hi there. WME was ultimately replaced with Expression Encoder. I still use it on some Win 10 machines. It gets wonky with capture cards but there are workarounds. You may still be able to download an old version of WME too.

Either way just set up port forwarding on your network then anyone can view the Http stream in VLC. Embedding in a website is a different story. You need a container (video player) to ingest the video and display it. Something like videoJS should work for you.