Margin option for the text source background color bar

WaveSim

Hi guys,

I have astonished when I find what this OBS can do every day.

I have one suggestion regarding TEXT source.
I usually put the color source for my subtitles as many do.
However, the text source properties already have a similar function for it.
But, it's function is a bit poor to express what I want.
Here's my suggestion.
1. Would you put the option to adjust margins vertically and horizontally from its internal text?
Then, we can use it as an external color source box.

2. I can't find where I can adjust the line space.
Would you add it to the text properties?

I appreciate what you guys have done!!

Attachments

• image (38).png
    image (38).png
    375 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

T68

Hi I would also find it great to have a margin option in a text object to set text spacing to background color more precisely.
This would make it much faster and easier for us to create bylines, lower 3rds etc whith background bars automatically following text lengths.

I have desperately tried to make this work by using all the parameters in text objects and scale settings but have not succeded.

To explain: I would like graphics like this to adjust the background color box automatically with fixed margins to top, bottom, left and right
1652430700628.png

1652430829497.png

If this already is possible with functionality in OBS, I would appreciate instructions.
If not: this is a feature request that I would very much appreciate if it is implemented in future versions of the software.

Louise1122

rase everything in your styles.css file (if the file contains content from previous tutorials) and add the following CSS rule to your styles.css file:

styles.css
.yellow-div {
background-color:yellow;
}

Copy
Save the styles.css file. You have just created a class using the class selector yellow-div. Any <div> element you assign this class will have a yellow background color.

Next, erase all the content in your index.html file (except for the first line of code: <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles.css">) and add the following code snippet:

index.html
<div class="yellow-div">
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
</div>

Copy
Save the file and load it in the browser. You should receive the following results:

containers" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 2px solid rgb(229, 232, 237); display: block; margin: 1em auto; max-width: 100%;">

Your webpage should display a yellow box that contains the text content you added to the HTML file. Currently, only the innermost box—the content box—has a size and value; the padding, border, and margin are all set to zero. Notice also that the width and height of the yellow box is automatically determined by the size of the text content inside the <div> container. Try adding or subtracting text content to experiment with how the size of the <div> container changes accordingly.

Note: You can use Firefox’s Web Developer tools to view the box model of an HTML element and the values set for each box. Navigate to the Tools menu item in the top menu bar and select “Web Developer/Toggle Tools" from the dropdown menu. The Developer Tools should appear in the bottom of your window. Click the arrow icon on the far left of the tool kit menu and then click on the element that you wish to inspect. The box model of the selected element will show up in the bottom right of the Developer Tools window pane. You may need to expand the window to view it.