Mantle Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bensam123

So it's here! And having played all of 30 minutes of BF4 with it I can stream at my normal settings in monitor capture mode at higher and more stable FPS then I could with DX11/gamecapture/540p/opencl. Not just that, but I could turn up a bunch more eye candy in game and it really didn't effect my FPS. The stutters I used to experience are almost completely gone.

Are there plans to implement gamecapture for mantle? I brought the subject up a while ago, but I was told it would be dealt with when the time comes... It really is sex and this is just the first game to use it.

I have a 8350/R9-290 for specs.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
They must release the SDK for it to be usable. As long as they hoard it to themselves and their friends I won't be able to add support for it in game capture.

PermTrouble

Has anyone played around with mantle and window capture on Windows 8.1?

edit - just realized this wasnt in the questions and answer section (just searched for the keyword mantle). Should I ask in a new thread instead?

Boildown

Do a forum search. A ton of people came here and asked about Mantle on the day support was added for it in BF4.

Bensam123

Apparently WDDM1.2 with W8 makes monitor capture insanely good (as far as I remember from what Jim was talking about), but still not as good as game capture. I'm using mantle and window capture in W7 and it's still better off then running the game in DX mode with game capture.

Videophile

Elgato
You can use Mantle and use OBS. Set bf4 to windowed borderless, and in OBS do monitor capture. Note: This will work for Windows 8 or higher only.(well, technically Windows 7 too, but you would be getting 5fps)

Your mileage may vary.

-Shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.