Question / Help Manjaro/ Avermedia live gamer HD 2

inertiacreep

I have this setup in windows 7 to play my Nintendo Switch, i use ReCentral and have no issues. This is one of the only things i still need windows for because I'm new to Linux and have never been able to get this to work in OBS.

When I try to set it up, it will recognize the card in OBS but not give me any video, and then it will always seem to lose the card. At first I thought the card just doesn't work in Linux but then i saw this person:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gami...edia_live_gamer_hd_2_works_with_obs_on_linux/

They seem to have no issue.. So I try update Linux and try again and I actually got an image of the Switch in OBS but it was frozen, I had no gameplay nor sound.

I have Manjaro KDE plasma.. any idea how to get this working? Please easy explain Linux stuff because I don't know it yet.

Tuna

Is that support via v4l2? I would try to test it outside of OBS first. For example with gstreamer and its "v4l2src" element (use gst-launch-1.0 command line utility, read some docs on its options..) If that works, there is a GStreamer plugin here on the site with which you can use these pipelines with OBS.

inertiacreep

Is that support via v4l2? I would try to test it outside of OBS first. For example with gstreamer and its "v4l2src" element (use gst-launch-1.0 command line utility, read some docs on its options..) If that works, there is a GStreamer plugin here on the site with which you can use these pipelines with OBS.
Yes it is setup as video capture device(v4l2) .. one thing i noticed, i read somewhere yesterday someone had this so i check, when i pull up properties on the device, it says Avermedia and USB device.

But yea, initially i boot up PC and open the properties of the video capture device in obs and it shows that, and then the device goes red and it loses it showing - /dev/video0

I dont understand this gstreamer yet... octopi says i have it installed but under search it shows nothing, idk how to open it.