Making an OBS plugin that creates an efficient HTML UI dock?

dcmouser

I'm not sure I will do a great job of asking this, but I'd like to build a c++ based OBS plugin that creates a new UI dock whose output is generated from html but updated efficiently with new data.

I can already build a c++ OBS plugin which creates a new UI dock, but I don't have enough experience with OBS/QT to know how to make a plugin create a UI dock window whose output is html based, and which can be updated in some more efficient way than re-rendering the entire html each time it needs to be updates (imagine every frame having to update some numbers on the page based on calculation in the c++ plugin code, rather than purely through js).

Does anyone have any example of something like this existing already or have any pointer?

Thanks in advance!
-jesse

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm confused, why does the dock need to render its UI with HTML? Why not use Qt UI controls?

dcmouser

It doesn't have to, but Im interested in this possibility; using a QT html component would work though. Maybe I need to look into ways to efficiently update the content of such qt html components. I don't know if that's the best way to go.

One motivation for this is that I essentially would like to handle most of the work using js in a ui browser dock, but i want full access to the full c++ plugin system.

Last edited: