Question / Help Major Fps drop when recording

Specz

I'm using an elgato hd60 to record console games and I'm having some issues when I try to do so. Using the elgato software I can get 60fps at 720p. When trying to use obs I get a massive drop in framerate when I start recording, also a program keeps opening for a brief second and then closing, causing a massive spike in CPU usage. The program looks like the elgato software, but just the side part where it has microphone and audio settings. Could anyone help me with some settings to get the video recording properly?

Tarumes

Hello
please provide a logfile
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

Please try to include a recording/streaming session when you experience problems while streaming or recording,
as OBS only writes important performance data during recording or streaming sessions.

If you have solved your problem yourself, please let the others know how you did it If someone else has the same problem,
he will find your post, read it through, is no step closer to solving it, and has wasted some time.

Specz

My bad, here's the logfile for the last recording I did. Keep in mind I'm using some custom settings due to the fact that my computer has the processing power of a potato. I just don't really understand why in the elgato software I can get a smooth 720p 60fps and not so much in OBS. I'd really like to use OBS because the mic settings makes the audio quality much better, but now my video quality is suffering

Attachments

• 2019-05-14 16-18-55.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 6

Specz

Turning off the windows gaming features seems to have helped. Getting a pretty solid 55fps, the rest is probably due to just having a low end computer. Thanks for the help!