Macbook pro m1 Issues

jassiechia

A newbie here trying to figure out game recording and streaming for my nintendo switch games.
I am using the elgato HD60 S+ on a macbook prio 2020 m1 chip and when I try to record for a long period of time, recording freezes.
Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Would there be any workarounds?

Appreciate the help

Emilio_77

I have the same problem but PS4 the same components as you. I generated a ticket to elgato support and they told me that there is no solution because the system is not approved yet for M1. however I have found some alternative solutions to this problem, the first one is to connect the capturer directly to the USBC port with a high speed USBC-USBC cable. Then every time I start the computer to transmit or record I open the elgato gaming program I see that it takes the signal and then I close the program and remove it from the desktop, I open the OBS I verify that everything is fine and I start the transmission. With this I can stream 4hrs without problems on Twitch and YT.
I hope this helps.
Greetings,

jassiechia

I have the same problem but PS4 the same components as you. I generated a ticket to elgato support and they told me that there is no solution because the system is not approved yet for M1. however I have found some alternative solutions to this problem, the first one is to connect the capturer directly to the USBC port with a high speed USBC-USBC cable. Then every time I start the computer to transmit or record I open the elgato gaming program I see that it takes the signal and then I close the program and remove it from the desktop, I open the OBS I verify that everything is fine and I start the transmission. With this I can stream 4hrs without problems on Twitch and YT.
I hope this helps.
Greetings,
Which USBc-USBc cable do you recommend I get? The apple thunderbolt 3?

NOAverse

Please also always post your settings in OBS / OBS.Live etc. + the version you are currently using. So I can only guess Libra what the problem could be.