Question / Help Mac and window capture

shadowedlucario

Hello,
I had the same problem. All I did was to switch OBS from full screen to window with the green button up right. Don't know why, but worked

That works, but only for the windows that are not full screen. I haven't found a way in this thread that allows OBS to record windows that are in full screen (even after making it full screen itself). I.e. I have google chrome running in full screen and it doesn't appear when OBS is full screened or when it's windowed:

WINDOWED
Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 12.21.01.png

FULL SCREEN
Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 12.21.23.png

Etstoo

The following fixed it for me:

It looks as if OBS can only see other windows if they're on the same desktop as OBS

Move the window that you want to Window Capture to the same desktop as OBS. Try adding the Window Capture source again and you will now see it listed.

Mac OS Cataina 10.15.7 [May 2021 was last update]

elaosha

Hello Dave (2001 reference) and Aslak,

I had this same problem with the version 20.0.1. However, when I installed the software it worked fine. But when I changed some settings (I wish I knew which), the program could not show all open windows when trying to add a window capture to a scene. I'm using macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I managed to solve the problem by resetting the program to default settings. Here's how you can try it:

1. Quit OBS
2. Open Finder
3. Press Shift + Command + G
4. Paste the path: ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio
5. Delete everything you can find there

Note that trying this will destroy all your scenes.

I hope this helps.

Same question,Solved by your guide!Thanks a lot!