LUT sources

OZtwo

Hello all Happy New Year!!!

I'm out on the hunt for all known LUT which is currently out. If anyone knows of any source, or have their own custom build ones then please post here.

Also if anyone knows how to custom build them or convert from other programs please post here as well. I been trying to convert Cube Files without much luck since the format isn't a 512x512 image needed in OBS Studio.

OZtwo

Thank you! I have those already. Just hoping to find more. Also that guide is great but does not support the needed LUT 512x512 format OBS is currently using. The guide shows how to build the 256x16 version. Also sad but I don't have Photoshop myself. Just the Elements version. :(

But to add to my own list here, here's a great source on how to create OBS LUTs from Photoshop:

https://streamshark.io/obs-guide/converting-cube-3dl-lut-to-image

Thank you! I have those already. Just hoping to find more. Also that guide is great but does not support the needed LUT 512x512 format OBS is currently using. The guide shows how to build the 256x16 version. Also sad but I don't have Photoshop myself. Just the Elements version. :(

But to add to my own list here, here's a great source on how to create OBS LUTs from Photoshop:

https://streamshark.io/obs-guide/converting-cube-3dl-lut-to-image
That's interesting because i suggested that same guide(from unrealengine.com) to a user in a german forum some time ago and he wrote back that it worked for him. But again i have never tested this myself.

OZtwo

That's interesting because i suggested that same guide(from unrealengine.com) to a user in a german forum some time ago and he wrote back that it worked for him. But again i have never tested this myself.

Yeah, when I test it with the STANDARD 256x16 all color is messed up in OBS. I myself have real no idea about LUTs myself. 3rd day learning about them. :) The only odd item I have seen is that only OBS is using the 512x512 version or I guess you can say the OBS version?

OZtwo

Let me know if anyone would be interested in the custom LUTs I'm creating using the simple Photoshop Layers defaults.

Take Vos

To make a custom LUT, by color grading your own sources:
* Make the source the size of the window in OBS (without LUTs).
* Take a screenshot of the OBS window
* There is a default LUT in the OBS installation which does nothing, every colour is returned as the same colour.
* Use photoshop or gimp and create a new image with the size the screenshot + 512. Now put the 512x512 LUT in the left top corner of the new image and the screenshot to the right of the LUT.
* Now use only colour/contrast changing tools on the whole image. The LUT will change together with your screenshot.
* Crop the 512x512 area of the LUT and save it, this is your new LUT.

SkeletonBow

Behold, commodore-64.lut which I just created with GIMP:
commodore-64.png

Please feel free to include this in future LUT packs under any license desired (BSD, GPLv2, whatever).

Behold, commodore-64.lut which I just created with GIMP:

Please feel free to include this in future LUT packs under any license desired (BSD, GPLv2, whatever).

I was going to say, you can use GIMP with the Gimc plugin and the original LUT file to make some really cool LUT's.

SkeletonBow

I was going to say, you can use GIMP with the Gimc plugin and the original LUT file to make some really cool LUT's.

I'm using the stock GIMP feature Colors->Maps->Sample Colorize, selecting original.png LUT from OBS on the left, and the custom image or palette layer I made which I want to copy on the right, then "Get Sample Colors" and Apply. It can also fill in in-between colors automatically if desired so you get gradients between the available colors which sometimes looks nice too. I'll have to check out the Gimc plugin, thanks.