Lurchy recordings with fast and new computer!

Kishabub

So I recently got a new computer and wanted to record some new videos, but for some strange reason when I record, the preview and my game are running smoothly, just my recordings turn out lurchy. The audio is ok as well. I've tried many many things, such as lowering fps, lowering canvas/base canvas sizes, turning my monitor into multiples of 60/30. I've tried many things in the video and output settings, looked up tutorials but to no avail. Any ideas on how I can fix? (FYI: worked on old computer which was much slower)

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/WqLMXAuGdeh5Iv5j

BluePeer

the hardware itself is nothing i will call Fast or new but if that related to your Old Ok
this can be a reason

17:09:28.963: Running as administrator: false
17:09:28.963: Game DVR: On
Switch the false to true and DVR from On to Off

Kishabub

I have already tried running as administrator and it didn't work. But I just tried Turning game Dvr OFF and running as admin but it still doesn't work. Any other things I could try? (I've also tried uninstalling obs entirely and uninstalling the obs settings files to reset them.)

carlmmii

Update windows to version 2004 or later. You're running 2 monitors at different refresh rates, which poses an issue in older versions of windows 10.

Also, run OBS as admin. This allows OBS to get the GPU resources it needs.

Kishabub

You were right about the refresh rates thing. When I shift obs over to my monitor that I'm recording on it seems to work fine. It's just annoying that I have to do this but at least it works. Thanks for the help!

carlmmii

Have you updated windows to version 2004 or later yet? This is supposed to fix the issue... or at least, minimize its effects.