lua, How to enum private child (transition) sources of a named source re: want to get fade in duration.

Keith Schneider

I am working with Lua in OBS and I want to access the private sources used by a named image source that perform a transition (eg: fade in/out).

I see some functions that lead me to think I can almost do it but nothing seems to work. Ultimately I want to use obs_transition_get_time() but I think I need to first iterate something like obs_source_enum_active_sources() or obs_source_enum_active_tree() providing my main source (parent) as argument. Do these need lua wrappers to work?

I cannot figure out how to iterate through these particular enum functions.

Am working on a slide show thing and want to get the source (show) transition duration time so I can add it to the total picture duration time to ensure the pic is shown for the full duration I want.

I am talking about source, not scene transitions.

Working on Fedora Linux 36, OBS 28.03

Many Thanks in advance for steering me in some direction and sorry if this is wrong place to ask :-)

Keith Schneider

Never mind - I find that using this function does the trick - just had to come at it from a different (and simpler) angle:

obs.obs_sceneitem_get_show_transition_duration(sceneItem)