Love the software, but sugestion Lower than 10 FPS

Jackster

Been using the software for over a year and it is great.
I have used xSplit since it was Alpha and though it is good OBS can do just as much as it and it is free so yeeeepeee.

Anyway.
I run a live streaming site where people stream them drawing art. But the min of 10FPS is not so good for quite a few streamers as they have crap internet and to broadcast good resolution they need

It looks like the min FPS you can stream with OBS is 10 and they use the LiveStream desktop broadcaster to do 1 frame every 5-10 seconds at a higher resolution.

This is something I would love to see from OBS as many of the people on our site use OBS and the detraction from using the site is that there are no free broadcasting applications that do such low FPS than LiveStream's own software so they use LiveStream and not us.

Hope this can be put into the software. Would be donating of course :)

Thanks!

Jackster

Gol D. Ace said:
You will have to wait till the next test build.
This isn't yet working in 0.56.02 (blame Jim).

Yer I tried it and thought I did something wrong. Good to know I did not :P

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Should be fixed in 0.56.03 (which I'm about to upload). You can set down to 1fps now.

Boildown

This would be really cool to make a timelapse of an MMO character's entire life, from boar-killing noob to god-killing uber, over months and months of gameplay. Definitely see uses for really low framerates (seconds per frame anyone?).

Jackster

YAY thanks Jim

Very odd though. Flash Media server hates low FPS.

Tested with xSplit to but at 20-30 FPS I get 6 second delay on my US server yet at 5 FPS I get 10-13 seconds delay on streams.

At 1FPS it is near 30 seconds delay. Very strange. Going to head over to the Adobe forum and see if this is right.

Krazy

Town drunk
Maybe set a lower keyint in x264? Lower keyint generally means lower delay in this sort of situation.