Loudspeaker music playback audio channel specific active noise cancellation using impulse filter inverse audio.

BlazingBlackBeard

This is a bit lengthy but I need to be clear as to what I am trying to achieve and what I do not want to do which I have already tried.

I'm looking for a solution to selectively and dynamically remove known audio coming into my studio microphone, in a similar way to how active noise cancellation works with some headsets. By this I mean taking a know audio source, and using an intelligent filter, in addition to applying the inverse audio signal to remove most of the original, apply the inverse of an impulse profile derived signal to remove most of the know audio that's altered by the surrounding environment, like walls and furniture. This would be achieved hopefully by generating an impulse definition file for some kind of filter host running on an insert (VST plugin perhaps?) on the microphone channel in Voicemeeter Potato or a plugin in OBS Studio.

I like to listen to calming music with loudspeakers as I use OBS studio to record and stream as headphones are not always appropriate and I need to move around without wires. I'm also wanting to avoid wireless headphones.

I currently have Cantabile as a VST host insert on my microphone Voicemeeter input running an static noise filter VST plugin from ReaPlugs (Reaper) so I think I'm half way there to coming to a solution for this. However, the noise filter doesnt use impulse data like an impulse reverb machine, nor does it take an audio source and apply the inverse to the audio output of the plugin. Has anyone used an impulse driven reverb unit that takes a stereo impulse file and audio source to create a new altered sound that will be nearly identical to what's playing over speakers? Has anyone tried to apply the inverse audio signal onto the mic signal to eliminate most of the loudspeaker and subsequent echo and reverb without affecting voice coming into the XLR microphone?

I have a quality stereo microphone that I can use to create an impulse file at the listening position of my XLR studio microphone so it's not a problem for me to capture an impulse file to make a sound profile for my basement studio.

I don't want to use simple filters and noise reduction for this as I know there's impulse based software available from my time producing audio 10+ years ago and I know this workstation with multiple CPU cores and a dedicated studio sound interface is more than capable of running live noise cancellation with low latency.

Latency isn't an issue here as I have no trouble setting a render delay for the various audio sources involved in the setup of effective active noise cancellation. What I'm looking for here is some information on the current available software technology that will allow me to create dry signal mixed with an impulse derived reverb (just like VST studio software of 10+ years ago) and then use that to apply inverse audio to my mic input.

Any help on this and where to find open source impulse reverb filter would be very appreciated. Thank you.