Question / Help Lossless recordings coming out black and white

cheetah12

I tried using the lossless recording setting today in OBS Studio and for some reason the file came out almost entirely black and white with some odd colors showing at random times. Any ideas on how to fix this?

i rendered a short clip to demonstrate what is happening to everything i record using the lossless setting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0j6cTOQ6p4&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• 2017-05-22 14-15-18.txt
    10 KB · Views: 204

cheetah12

Attachments

• 2017-05-25 20-01-27.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 42

Suslik V

How you using lossless while Color Format still NV12? This is not default setting for OBS Studio. The default is Simple output mode and recording quality Same as stream... By the way, can you post link to raw example of the recording?

Last edited:

cheetah12

How you using lossless while Color Format still NV12? This is not default setting for OBS Studio. The default is Simple output mode and recording quality Same as stream... By the way, can you post link to raw example of the recording?
log file from default obs settings

Attachments

• 2017-05-26 15-29-40.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 28

cheetah12

OK. Colored as for me. Can you post raw example of your black and white video?
the video in my first post is raw, there was no editing done to it. I had to put it through vegas to be able to upload it because even though it was only 14 seconds it was still a massive file that would have taken far too long to upload.

Suslik V

If you still have raw file (not from any editor) please, upload it, and post the link. Because I think that you unable to playback the recording in the right way. VLC Player?

cheetah12

If you still have raw file (not from any editor) please, upload it, and post the link. Because I think that you unable to playback the recording in the right way. VLC Player?
don't have the raw footage anymore. I used windows media player to view it. Even if windows media player isn't the right player to be using to view the raw file it still doesn't explain why when rendered the video comes out as black and white.

Harold

IF the rendered file comes out black and white, but playing back the raw is not, the problem is NOT in obs.

DeMoN

I dont know of any timeline software for windows who does. TMPGEnc VMW 6 supports a bit more, but so far no lossless h.264 either.
Avisynth obviously could handle it.

Or use Constant Quantizer @ Factor 1, which is still 99% lossless and of course 100% lossless for the eye

Videoplayer you have much easier times.
Just use MPC-HC and it will work.