loseless local recording (rgb24 or yuv444p)

chronek

Hello,

If is possible please do loseless rgb24 local recording , it would be good to choose codec like lagarith (multithreaded) or huffyuv for local record. I often recording Pandora Saga game then editing and posting on Youtube , when i record with OBS or Fraps not lossless then i got messed green and yellow colors in video , and when post on Youtube this colors are almost gray .... When i record lossless by Fraps i have no problems , from my view pixelformat yuv420 is a problem.
If this is not possible maybe you could do option for x264 yuv444p recording? It would record full spectrum of rgb colors

Boildown

Do a forum search for "Use444". There's a way to do it as I recall.

Why not use FRAPS? There is a concept of using the right tool for the job, instead of trying to get one tool to do every job.

chronek

fraps is not opensource, we not have many influence on how it should be, lossles recording full hd taking 60% of i7 cpu and need about 150 MB/s disk transfer .... obs with quick sync is the best , but need some more options >.<

chronek

use444 option would be best for me ... if only would work , was no option in my profile ini and adding that not changing anything , still recording yuv420p

chronek

ok , not working with lastest version , but use444 working with v0.554b , color still looks like in yuv420p , i wonder if even with that option is still conversion to yuv420p then encoding with 444p , would looks like use444 is not complete function (and removed from lastest sources) , and it was not work with quick sync

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
444 has been disabled. Lossless recording will be something that's much more possible in the rewrite.

Boildown

Interesting. Well you could try to use an old version in the mean time, if it worked right back then.

Failing that, what's wrong with setting a really low AQ or CRF? Just for my own curiosity.

Jim: Would the OBS re-write allow 10-bit .mp4 files at some point? The Handbrake guys lump 10-bit in with all the HEVC and VP9 requests if anyone brings it up, but I know 10-bit ffmpeg? dlls exist and are fairly ready for prime time (unlike HEVC and VP9).

chronek

like i said use444 working in old version but it is useless, color not match source , even if output is encoded in 444p i think somwhere in proces is still converted to 420p and losing color information, it would be great if recording would be possible in lossless rgb24

Wyrframe

If lossless (or nearly-so formats) does become a thing in future versions, a variety of colour profile settings would be really nice. I do lots of editing in Lightworks, and it would be nice if I didn't have to transcode my OBS footage into the required 422 colour profile before I could start editing.