looks good in obs and bad in youtube

kalavaraboomi

looks good in obs and bad in youtube , playing fornite in ps5 and using pc for streaming.
My 2017 Rig:

Ryzen7 1700
Wraith Spire
Msi B350 Tomahawk
Gskill TridentZ 3200mhz 16gb(8*2)
Zotac rtx 3070ti
Capture card elgato 4K60 Pro mk.2
WD Black 1tb 7200rpm
Samsung SSD EVO 850 240gb
ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Gigabyte ‎M28U 28.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor - (connected with ps5)
LG 22MP68 22" Full HD IPS SLIM LED MONITOR (1920x1080) - (for streaming)
win10 pro 64bit

Obs settings
1.PNG

2.PNG

target streaming 1080p
My video quality in youtube
please check full video, the more vegetation the more choppiness in video.

My internet speed
3.PNG

4.PNG

since 2022 july I am trying to solve this issue, I was using RX 480 GPU till december end, becuase of this issue I upgraded to Rtx 3070 ti , still facing the issue. please help me, I feel wasted buying new GPU.

Lawrence_SoCal

1. I don't know
2. Have you tried recording locally, then uploading and see the post-compression results? YT (and most other free services) HEAVILY compresses video to minimize bandwidth consumption. And those compression approaches have varied over time.
There have been lots of discussions around how to minimize that impact (not something I follow, but if I recall, streaming at a slightly higher resolution (like 1440p??) being one suggestion.... not sure... but something for you to research

As for OBS output and checking that out, don't ignore the pinned post in this forum about posting your log (from a recording or streaming session)... link in my .sig

sandrix

For YouTube:
- increase the bitrate from 12500-25000. More is better
- Set the output resolution to 2560x1440

Everything you need to know is in this thread

kalavaraboomi

My current settings for 2k output :-
playing 1080p gaming in Playstation 5

My OBS settings :
22.PNG

11.PNG

youtube stream key settings :
33.PNG

I feel 30% improvement in 1080p and 50% improvement in 2k resolutions.

And second video :
here I simply change to 2k resolution in Playstation5, other settings same as above.
I feel both videos has similar in my view.

so what settings should I follow, Is this good streaming quality ????

sandrix

The best scenario is when you are passing native 2K resolution through a capture card. It supports 2K 60 fps. Next, you send real 2K to youtube. If this scenario is not possible for you or performance is important to you, then you can play and transfer the image from PS5 in Full HD, but specify 2K in OBS.

sandrix

Ok but my streaming monitor is 1080p 60hz supported.
To be honest, I find it difficult to answer. In theory, on PS5 you have 2K, which you pass to OBS, the image is reduced to Full HD, and then again stretched to 2K. Perhaps in this case it doesn't really matter what resolution you play on PS5, the main thing is that the YouTube stream is in 2K resolution. It can be easy to get confused here, so choose what you think is best.

kalavaraboomi

This is recorded video
21.PNG

23.PNG

It took 10gb for 11 min video, check at 3:30 - 4.30, more vegetation but zero choppiness...

and I have some doubts on HDMI cable issue or broadband issue or elgato issue