Lock/stick media controls

quoole

I was very excited to see that the latest version gives you media controls, and more importantly a countdown when you are playing back a video in OBS.
It's great, but it only works if you're in the same scene and have the source with the VT selected, as far as I can tell.

I usually use OBS in studio mode and if you're looking to use this as a count in to throw back to the host/s in a different scene then it's a pain as you can't select that scene to cut back to and see the countdown at the same time.

For studio mode, maybe you could have an option for the media controls to show the time left on the VT that is currently live as opposed to whatever's in the preview window.
Or maybe there could be an option to lock a certain sources settings, so it's always seen at the bottom no matter whether it's selected or not.

Exeldro

There is a media controls plugin, that adds a dock with media controls to OBS which has an option to show all media sources or all active media sources.

quoole

There is a media controls plugin, that adds a dock with media controls to OBS which has an option to show all media sources or all active media sources.

This is great! I dropped a quick reply in the plugin discussion as well, it would be great to have like a countdown timer (so you could see how long of the clip was left)