Question / Help Local Recording and Stream is choppy

zak wallace

Hello,
Thank you in advance.
Log:
script>

https://gist.github.com/68b0d661a6ab5a13ac46

So i am streaming to twitch and experiencing some issues. My viewers love the quality but the stream is jumpy/choppy at points. Playing a moba or fps it'll pause for .2seconds then catch up. I have tried changing fps10 to 60, bitrate from 300 to 2500, scaled resolution all the way down, as well a my x264 preset. The quality changes but still is choppy. Here is an example... http://www.twitch.tv/para_digm/b/617070805 i stream IOS games via Airplay syphoned into OBS.
specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
memory:8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
graphics:Intel Iris 1536 MB
My Inernet is 25 down and 2.6 up.

Please help me get this squared away ASAP

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Looks like your resolution is too much for your CPU. Try using a smaller downscaled resolution.

zak wallace

I am wondering if it has to do with siphoning Airserver into OBS if it's causeing the issue. Is there a better way? Display and window capture seam to lag even on the OBS preview.

spcbot

I was having the exact issue last night.
I'm on a retina 2.6GHz intel core i7 MBP with 16 GB 1600 MHz DDr3 video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB running 10.8.5

My Activity Monitor was off the charts using about 60% of my cpu.

I messed around with the stream settings on OBS when capturing Game Capture HD footage and was choppy with extreme latency.
My built in isight stream was good tho

spcbot

Is there a difference between what is being sent out in the Output tab with adjusting the Video Bitrate numbers
Vs
pressing the Video tab and adjusting the Base Resolution and Scaled Resolution and FPS?

secondly, Base vs Scaled what's the difference?

spcbot

Yeah see very weird. Will this mean the end of OBS for me?

my specs are faster then yours too hmmm.
my internet speed is 75/75.

retina 2.6GHz intel core i7 MBP with 16 GB 1600 MHz DDr3 video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB running 10.8.5

Which version of OSX are you currently on?

zak wallace

I'm on 10.10.2
I have tried changing so much but it seams to get away from the choppiness I have to be at 20 fps lowest scaled resolution and like a 200bit rate by then there is no sense streaming.

spcbot

Another odd thing i noticed is that the stream will not show up in the twitch iOS app feed but will show up if i go to the mobile browser on my iPhone or iPad and in safari on my MBP.