Live zoom conference streaming

obsbuddy

Hi,

I am new to OBS , been reading about how OBS Virtual camera can stream to zoom , here is my use case , can anyone tell if its feasible :

(1)Live Zoom Meeting -> (2) Want to overlay graphics/Content using OBS -> (3) Stream back to Same Zoom meeting (1)

I ready about OBS recasting to Youtube/FB etc. , but can this be acheived?

Thanks

obsbuddy

You can use NDI tools to create a virtual camera. OBS then feeds directly to Zoom as if it were a camera. So all content showing in OBS appears in Zoom as your video feed. https://ndi.tv/tools/

That is OBS feeding as Virtual Camera to Zoom , this is working , my challenege is I want to take Zoom Live Stream as a source -> Pass it through OBS -> OBS then sending stream with graphics to same Zoom Live Meeting , is that possible?

obsbuddy

You can use NDI tools to create a virtual camera. OBS then feeds directly to Zoom as if it were a camera. So all content showing in OBS appears in Zoom as your video feed. https://ndi.tv/tools/

That is OBS feeding as Virtual Camera to Zoom , this is working , my challenege is I want to take Zoom Live Stream as a source -> Pass it through OBS -> OBS then sending stream with graphics to same Zoom Live Meeting , is that possible?

mattvolatile

You can use OBS to edit what other meeting participants see coming from your machine. You cannot use OBS, or anything, to edit what participants see coming from participants other than yourself.

What do you mean by "Zoom Live Steaming Source"?

I don't fully understand what you're trying to do, but I think I have a plausible use case: you want to capture the other participants the meeting? And feed them into your own camera, creating a loop? Like, you want to use OBS to manipulate someone else's screenshare, mirroring it back to the feed, where both would be visible to everyone else in the meeting?

One way to do that would be to pin the other user's camera in Zoom so it's always visible to you no matter who is speaking, say, and then simply capture the Zoom window. You'd need to apply a crop filter to neaten it up. If you're wanting to edit another user's screenshare, they'd need to keep sharing, of course.

There's no way you can capture your participants' feeds and edit *them* live from your own machine. There are ways to do that in other software like Skype and NDI, where each user's camera is a different NDI source, but the usual use case for that would be feeding out into a recording or stream, not looping back into your feed into the call.

There's no way (save you having remote access to their machines) at your end for you to effect what the meeting sees coming from other people's cameras.

Can you say exactly and specifically what the end effect you want to create is, and why?

Last edited:

matthewpfritz

I don't believe so. It seems to me you'd end up with a video feedback loop...