Live comments as chat bubble?

D1scard3d

I have seen streams with their FB Live comments coming in as opaque chat bubbles... closest thing to that I've seen is Ecamm Live lets you see your comments on the side, but click a button to bring that specific comment onto the screen for everyone to see. See link for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ddCZOmgCM (at roughly 8:15)

I attached a screen shot if you don't want to watch the vid.

Is there anything like that with OBS? I've spent hours on Google trying to find more examples for stuff like it, but am coming up empty. I don't code, so I have NO idea what's possible/probable to even request... but I'd LOVE to have the ability to show a specific comment like on Ecamm Live.

I have Restream.io, but I have found that chat to be VERY unreliable... and there's no other visual options...

Anyone willing to give OBS cooler comment presentation? Or did I miss a complex customization tutorial somewhere?

Attachments

• Comments.jpg
    Comments.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 551
I have seen streams with their FB Live comments coming in as opaque chat bubbles... closest thing to that I've seen is Ecamm Live lets you see your comments on the side, but click a button to bring that specific comment onto the screen for everyone to see. See link for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ddCZOmgCM (at roughly 8:15)

I attached a screen shot if you don't want to watch the vid.

Is there anything like that with OBS? I've spent hours on Google trying to find more examples for stuff like it, but am coming up empty. I don't code, so I have NO idea what's possible/probable to even request... but I'd LOVE to have the ability to show a specific comment like on Ecamm Live.

I have Restream.io, but I have found that chat to be VERY unreliable... and there's no other visual options...

Anyone willing to give OBS cooler comment presentation? Or did I miss a complex customization tutorial somewhere?
Thanks for sharing that. I've seen a few videos using that software to highlight comments but I didn't have a clue which app they were using. It's a real bummer it it's not a plug in and doesn't work on Windows.