Question / Help Limitation of a Slideshow

AGP

Hi,

I'm trying insert 134 slideshows and only is possible show 114. The files have a 19MB and I tried export how .jpg or.png, but unsuccess. I saw here, on the other posts about a limit of 250MB... 30MB... but without consensus or definitive solution.This is a bug...any limitation?

Thank you!

carlmmii

The images are stored in VRAM as uncompressed data, with a hard limit of 250MB for this storage. It doesn't matter how big the file is in its compressed form (like .jpg or .png), all that matters is the resolution of the image.

The number of bytes used to store each image is found by multiplying the width by height, and multiplying by 4 (for what I'm assuming is 24-bit color depth with 8-bit alpha?).

For example, a 1920x1080 picture will take up 1920x1080x4 bytes, or 7.91MB.

Reactions: AGP

AGP

The images are stored in VRAM as uncompressed data, with a hard limit of 250MB for this storage. It doesn't matter how big the file is in its compressed form (like .jpg or .png), all that matters is the resolution of the image.

The number of bytes used to store each image is found by multiplying the width by height, and multiplying by 4 (for what I'm assuming is 24-bit color depth with 8-bit alpha?).

For example, a 1920x1080 picture will take up 1920x1080x4 bytes, or 7.91MB.
Hi carlmmii,

Thank you for your explain. Helped me understanding a little more.
But, more two questions...

1) You said that a picture with 1920 x 1080 will have 7.91MB, but by my calculation gave 8.29MB (1920 x 1080 x 4 = 8.294.400 or 8.29MB). I forgot something in the calculation to give this difference of 380KB?
2) The files have been exported in 1280 x 720 (yes, with 24-bit). So, 1280 x 720 x 4 = 3.686,400 or 3.68MB each file. Multipliyng 3.68MB x 134 files = 493,12MB. Ok, in this case exceeded the 250MB limit. But, I got imported 114 files... 3.68MB x 114 = 419,52MB, i.e., also exceeded the 250MB limit...

AGP

I would create a slide show video and use it instead. much less hassle
But nothing functional... If you need to rewind a slide there is no way (would have to return the video). To advance the slide would have to choose a transition time (and keep pausing/starting the video as each slide)...

Moosemam

Hi I am late to this party thread.... Where in the source code can that limit be raised from 250mb to 1 gig?

janprusak

Hi, I have OBS 29.0.2. I have a folder of 30 JPG images, dimensions a bit under 4K, total 53MB.
If I create a slideshow only the first 8 images cycle. (If I delete the first 8 images, then the next 8 images cycle)
I stream in 4K, the high resolution of pictures is necessary.
I have a very powerfull PC, i don't care about how demanding OBS is, if it takes 40GB of RAM or 16GB of GPU memory, so be it.
Can we please get an option to increase/remove the memory limit?

bert94

Hi,
I would not care, if OBS fetches the images again and again from my network-drive or ssd.
So no need to cache.
Can it be customized somewhere?
Thanks and
Best Regards
Bert

FabiusFr

Hi,

Any changes can be done by the Devs ?

I'm working in a movie theater and I will prefer to not use PowerPoint pls.

Understand that OBS uses RAW data to handle images and the data size limit and calculation stuff but come on you are OBS team, the greatest software for Open Broadcast ...

Best regards Fabian

FabiusFr

I downsize images by resizing images by lot (FLAT 4K > 1080P) with PowerToys resize tool.

It worked great but you know...

Greatings from France and thanks,
Fabien