Resource icon

Lens Flare 1.4

khaver

khaver submitted a new resource:

Lens Flare - Filter to add a lens flare

A Lua script to add a lens flare effect filter.
View attachment 82099
The "Use Image Intensity" checkbox uses the brightness of the source image at the center point location to affect the flare. Use the "Threshold" slider to adjust the level of brightness that affects the flare.

"Animate Rays" slowly spins the light source rays.

Copy filter-lensflare.lua and filter-lensflare\filter-lensflare.effect to your scripts folder.

(Tested only on Windows 10)

Read more about this resource...

WillLuminate

when applying the effect to a png layer with transparency it removes all the transparency. is there a way to make this not happen? I am working on using the flare in an alert box system and require the layer to stay transparent so that it can be layered on all other scenes.

khaver

This is a little harder to implement than it sounds. Giving the flare it's own transparency layer means it will need to block some of the background where there are bright areas of the flare. This means if you have bright or white areas in the image under the PNG image, you will probably get a darkening surrounding the bright areas of the flare.

Instead, remove the flare from your PNG. Add a Color Source (black) to the scene and move it in the source list so its above the PNG image. Size the black source so it perfectly overlays the PNG. Add the flare to the black color source and change the Blend Mode on the color source to Add or Screen. If you want, you can now add the PNG and color source to a group.

WillLuminate

that works great, thanks i dont need the png as i can screen the colour source and use that as the "transparent overlay". thanks for your quick reply and loving the effect