Resource icon

Lens Flare #2 1.3

khaver

khaver submitted a new resource:

Lens Flare #2 - Filter to add a lens flare

Another Lua script to add a lens flare effect filter.
View attachment 82153

Use the "Show Target" checkbox to set the flare source location. The "Use Image Intensity" checkbox uses the brightness of the source image at the target location to affect the flare. Use the "Threshold" slider to adjust the level of brightness that affects the flare.

Copy filter-lensflare2.lua and filter-lensflare2\filter-lensflare2.effect to your scripts folder.

(Tested only on Windows 10)

Read more about this resource...

Sorry Mr. khaver.but still greyed out when selecting all three of your updated filters in scripts on Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1. Thanks so much for trying though. Can't wait until you find the right formula. Love them on Win 10. virtual machine.

Suslik V

Troubleshooting requires feedback.
If the user could attach its log-file (with the errors), then it could help to resolve the issues.
Because it's maybe something simple as OpenGL version mismatch or what ever the script depends on.

HI, ThanYou both for looking into it for me. I drag the file into the script folder and it shows but is greyed out on Mac OS Monterey. This is my log file. If it is the wrong one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2022-06-09 15-27-47.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 27
Suslik V, yes, a log might definitely help in finding the problem. That's what I used to get them working using opengl on Windows.
Khaver, yes they are bosses in my virtual machine with Win 10, buy my main machine with all the horsepower is a Mac. Can't wait for the update! Thanks!

khaver

Want To Learn, first thing you should do is remove all my filters that aren't working from all your sources in all your scenes and then remove them from the Tools->Scripts install list, so we can try each one one-by-one. From the logs, it's hard to see which filter is throwing which error.

Once you've done this, try the Chromatic Aberration filter in the attached zip file. Overwrite the old one with this one and load it into OBS. If it loads okay and you can add it to a source, but you still get a black preview and no adjustment sliders, close OBS and upload the log here.

Thanks.

Attachments

• filter-chromatic.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 23
Want To Learn, first thing you should do is remove all my filters that aren't working from all your sources in all your scenes and then remove them from the Tools->Scripts install list, so we can try each one one-by-one. From the logs, it's hard to see which filter is throwing which error.

Once you've done this, try the Chromatic Aberration filter in the attached zip file. Overwrite the old one with this one and load it into OBS. If it loads okay and you can add it to a source, but you still get a black preview and no adjustment sliders, close OBS and upload the log here.

Thanks.
Thanks Khaver, I will do that and get it done in a day or two. Right now I am afraid of making a big mistake as my eyes are really tired and it's bedtime. Thanks,

Thanks Khaver, I will do that and get it done in a day or two. Right now I am afraid of making a big mistake as my eyes are really tired and it's bedtime. Thanks,
Hi Khaver, Thanks again for trying to figure this out. I cleared out what you said to and installed Chomatic Abberation into OBS contents, but still greyed unfortunately. Below is the log.

Attachments

• 2022-06-10 14-20-46.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 28

khaver

I actually don't see any errors related to the Chromatic Aberration filter in the log. I do see errors regarding your StreamFX shaders. I did find that, even on Windows, while I was creating some of my filters, there would be no errors in the log but the filter's preview and adjustment window would still be blank.

I'm looking into a way to run MacOS in a virtual machine on my PC for better troubleshooting.

I actually don't see any errors related to the Chromatic Aberration filter in the log. I do see errors regarding your StreamFX shaders. I did find that, even on Windows, while I was creating some of my filters, there would be no errors in the log but the filter's preview and adjustment window would still be blank.

I'm looking into a way to run MacOS in a virtual machine on my PC for better troubleshooting.
Oh, Wow! Khaver, Thanks so much for going the extra mile. Can't wait!

Suslik V

I actually don't see any errors related to the Chromatic Aberration filter in the log.
Because he didn't use it. He says that something "greyed" in his PC and never gives details (what, after which step etc).

Because the user's setup is mess up of installed plugins and sources the smell of mockery is rising.

By the way,
the OBS has nice feature to create new Scene Collections and new Profile.
It is wise to use clear setup for troubleshooting (no third party plugins installed).
Troubleshoot only one problem a time.
And of course, the latest version of the application is recommended (OBS v.27.2.4 as for today https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases).

Because he didn't use it. He says that something "greyed" in his PC and never gives details (what, after which step etc).

Because the user's setup is mess up of installed plugins and sources the smell of mockery is rising.

By the way,
the OBS has nice feature to create new Scene Collections and new Profile.
It is wise to use clear setup for troubleshooting (no third party plugins installed).
Troubleshoot only one problem a time.
And of course, the latest version of the application is recommended (OBS v.27.2.4 as for today https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases).

Suslik V, I realize you're trying to help, but I am on a Mac not a P.C. Furthermore, I don't like that you used the word, "Mockery." It implies something that I'm just not about. I am not a programmer and am doing OBS best way that I know how. I learn a little bit and I try a little bit. I have experimented so many times and ways over the years that maybe I did something that has gotten in the way of Khavers scripts. If so, I am not aware of it and apologize for it. I need to learn how to do it right then. Thus, my name for this forum, "Want To Learn."​

So sorry Mr. Khaver. I logged into my guest account on my Mac. I have done this before to troubleshoot and I did to troubleshoot your scripts not working. Logging into the guest account is just about starting fresh. I am uncertain as to how to back up my setup to clear filters in my usual account, but I have backed up and reused scenes with scene collection manager. I tried two of your scripts Chromatic Abberation and my favorite. Pan Zoom and Rotate and they ROCK! I am so sorry for the inconvenience or stress I have caused you. Like I had mentioned before I have tried to figure things on my with a lot of experimenting which probably mucked up my OBS. Later on I will just have to install and reinstall everything after I learn how to do this properly. LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So sorry Mr. Khaver. I logged into my guest account on my Mac. I have done this before to troubleshoot and finally did this to troubleshoot your scripts not working today. Logging into the guest account is just about starting fresh. I am uncertain as to how to back up my setup to clear filters in my usual account thinking I might lose alot, but I have backed up and reused scenes with scene collection manager. I tried two of your scripts Chromatic Abberation and my favorite, Pan Zoom and Rotate and they ROCK! I am so sorry for the inconvenience or stress I have caused you. Like I had mentioned before I have tried to figure things out with a lot of experimenting which probably mucked up my OBS and my Mac. Later on I will just have to install and reinstall everything after I learn how to do this properly. LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Update: I spent some time reloading scripts and your scripts are working great! I am also able to use them with "Move Value" which is fantastic! Sorry I didn't think of trying your scripts in the guest login before. I was busy with work and stuff and wasn't thinking clearly I guess? It did the trick! Thanks so much!