Question / Help Lenovo Legion Y720 performance issues (on stream only)

dinho23232

Hey guys I am trying to stream on Twitch from a Lenovo Legion y720 and I can't figure out the settings in the obs studio. The laptop configurations are 7th generation i7 7700 HQ Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB, 8 gigabytes of RAM, 1TB hard disk and even though I think this specs are enough to stream I am experiencing lag on my streams. My internet connection is also very good getting between 50 and 60 megabytes per second upload speed and the same form download. Anyone else tried to stream from a laptop, and if so what settings have you used. I have tried streaming different games like FIFA 18, Pubg, cs go quite surprisingly PUBG performed the best out of those three. when I play FIFA off stream I usually get over 120 FPS on ultra full HD but when I stream there is a lot of lag on the stream, but not in game. I have also disabled the gaming network priority because that was killing my stream giving it no network connection at all, and I have chosen the NVENC encoder, bit rate was at 6000 but I changed it to 3000 but while this makes the stream work it does not get it on the level that I wanted it to be.

When trying the Software x264 Encoder, the stream had the most lag, which is quite surprising on a i7 7700 HQ, I know it's for laptops but still, when I looked in the task manager the CPU was used above 90% while in game and between 70-80% while in the pause menu. So I tried switching to the NVENC encoder, while the stream was playable it still lagged constantly, opening task manager revealed that FIFA (for example) ran on the GPU 1 which is the GTX 1060 most probably, while OBS used GPU 0 which probably is the laptop's integrated card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 630).

Can anyone help me make this settings, I don't think I have any hope to use the CPU for encoding so most probably I will have to use the dedicated graphics card, but obs won't use it apparently.

Logs: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/fd709df3a1710e8f3f7353425807bb19