League of Legends + DxTory showing launcher in OBS

MrFrezno

Hi all, Frezno here,

So as many people who use Dxtory to capture their game play from LoL will know that it will sometimes only show the launcher instead of the actual game footage. most people will tell you to restart the game and the software in different orders to make it work but, there is a much easier way to fix this which I noticed the other day.

With DxTory, it sometimes will automatically start recording the video as soon as it 'hooks' into the process. This is what causes the issue with LoL. League has an executable patcher that then loads the Adobe Air client which, then goes onto the executable for the actual game.

Now if you just press play on the launcher at the beginning with DxTory already recording it gets stuck recording the launcher. To fix, close the game restart the launcher (admin mode) and then make sure that you stop it recording (usually its F12 to do this).

Then launch the game as normal.

This will fix all your issues with it not showing the right output.

tl;dr make sure you are not recording the launcher process when you launch LoL by press F12

MarkTMO

This is an old post, I suggest you just play in borderless with the same resolution as your desktop.
EX. Desktop Resolution: 1024x768
LoL Borderless: 1024x768.
Its going to be fullscreen and you can alt+tab to view chat or any other programs.

m4xc4v413r4

Let me update this.

Best option people have for LoL is:

Make 2 scenes

One scene do a software capture and choose window capture, then from the list, choose the launcher (something like PVP.net blablabla or something), you have to have the launcher working, and i think it can't be minimized when you do the setup.

The other scene do a game capture and choose LoL. Again, it has to be working when you do the setup, so i recommend something like getting in a custom game for it.

Then, when you're out of the game you put scene 1, when you're in the game you put scene 2.

You can do it with hotkeys, just right-click on a scene and at the bottom you have the option to choose a hotkey for that scene.

Lqkas

Or, just add a Game Capture for LoL that is below the launcher in the list. It'll only show when the game is running so the launcher is hidden ;)

Dajova

Lqkas said:
Or, just add a Game Capture for LoL that is below the launcher in the list. It'll only show when the game is running so the launcher is hidden ;)
That doesnt really work in that regard, cause if a game cannot be found using game capture, it will show a black screen instead of being invisible from the stream. The thing i do is to make 2 scenes... one with window capture on client and one with game capture on the game. Nothing gets interfered or overlapped...

XeiZ

Dajova said:
Lqkas said:
That doesnt really work in that regard, cause if a game cannot be found using game capture, it will show a black screen instead of being invisible from the stream. The thing i do is to make 2 scenes... one with window capture on client and one with game capture on the game. Nothing gets interfered or overlapped...

Not true, gamecapture is invisible if it doesnt find the game, i have a background image behind my gamecapture source thats always visible as long as gamecapture doesnt find the game. Doesnt help if you alt+tab out of the game though, it will remain black.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Lqkas said:

This sort of defeats the purpose of game capture, because you have a software capture in your scene loaded, which would affect performance more than just a game capture by itself.

Lqkas

Warchamp7 said:
Lqkas said:

This sort of defeats the purpose of game capture, because you have a software capture in your scene loaded, which would affect performance more than just a game capture by itself.
I do this and it's working really nice, though I have a rather powerful PC.

It looks good as it's very seamless and you don't have to do anything :)