Launchpad Controller for OBS

Free Launchpad Controller for OBS 1.2

Hanarion

Hanarion submitted a new resource:

Launchpad Controller for OBS - Use your Novation launchpad as a soundboard, OBS controller and spotify controller

This tool is simple, this is how it works :
View attachment 40801
And the interface is like that :
View attachment 40802
Actually the interface is in french but i'm working on a translation
In order to change the color of the keys you can do a right click on wich cell you want to change the color
View attachment 40803
Select "Changer couleur" open the color window :
View attachment 40804
I only have a launchpad mini so only the red and the green lights are usable for...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

THE R3Y3S

HI man, i'm starting to use is and it's really nice. I think should be good if you can add possibility to set audio of every sounds, to set scenes so you can choose position. I don't know if this can be good or not, but should be nice if u can give possibility to use spotify buttons for streamlabs chatbot songrequest, so you can skip, pause/play music, up/down volume.
Btw i have a little problem, but is not important because tool works great. When i press on conncet i got this error: https://gyazo.com/f72b5a6d257a005e296f8a7fe1e87f9b but if i press continue all works good.

Anyway i love this tool, i bought a launchpad only to test this (I had set up a tablet to do that but i love feedback when i push on button that's why i choose to buy a launchpad)!

Hanarion

HI man, i'm starting to use is and it's really nice. I think should be good if you can add possibility to set audio of every sounds, to set scenes so you can choose position. I don't know if this can be good or not, but should be nice if u can give possibility to use spotify buttons for streamlabs chatbot songrequest, so you can skip, pause/play music, up/down volume.
Btw i have a little problem, but is not important because tool works great. When i press on conncet i got this error: https://gyazo.com/f72b5a6d257a005e296f8a7fe1e87f9b but if i press continue all works good.

Anyway i love this tool, i bought a launchpad only to test this (I had set up a tablet to do that but i love feedback when i push on button that's why i choose to buy a launchpad)!

First, thanks i appreciate that it is useful for you, i will add the volume for each sounds no problem, for the scene position, it corresponds to the position of your OBS scene in the software, and for the streamlabs chatbot songrequest it would be a good idea but i haven't seen any API in order to do this :/
Finally, for the error, i doesn't really know whats going on but i think it could be an error with libs i'm using, i will search for that, i think the update will be available in 4 hours max (i'm working on ;D)

(EDITED : Okay, not 4 hours, 1 hours was enough :p)

Last edited:

Hanarion

Hanarion updated Launchpad Controller for OBS with a new update entry:

Launchpad Controller for OBS version 1.1

CHANGELOG :
- Added the way to choose the output of sound
2019-01-16_17-48-27.png

- Added the volume control
2019-01-16_17-49-12.png

2019-01-16_17-49-40.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Narcogen

Would this also work with the Novation Launch Control XL?

It'd be great to be able to use actual physical volume controls with OBS...

Jacopo Belluz

Really an amazing plugin. We really need native MIDI controllers in OBS.

Just 3 suggestions:
1) add OSC protocol and OSCtoMIDI protocol translation;
2) add AKAI layouts (vMix did it);
3) translate everything to English and add beautiful GUI (people love this last thing).

For AKAI controllers:
I can give you here the MIDI layout for AKAI APCmini.

AKAI APCmini MIDI buttons layout.jpg

Daï-mon

I'm streaming with OBS and have a Launchpad mk1. (win 10 64 bit, Obs studio 23) Your controller is probably great but I have difficulties to install websocket, whatever realease I'm trying (4.2 and 4.6.1).

After downloading and installing websocket, there is no new option in "Tools" in OBS. Whatever version or installation I use :(
Please, can anyone explain me simply (in english or in french) how to install websocket in order to use this wonderfull controller ?
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope

Last edited:

THE R3Y3S

Hi, i add a pass to websocket and when i try to login into console tab, doesn't work, i get this error:
System.InvalidCastException: Cast non valido dalla stringa "Error" al tipo 'Integer'. ---> System.FormatException: Formato della stringa di input non corretto.
in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
--- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
in Launchpad_Controller.Form1.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Launchpad Controller 1.2
Versione assembly: 1.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 1.0.0.0
Base di codice: file:///D:/Users/ilviz/Desktop/launchpad/Launchpad%20Controller%201.2.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Versione assembly: 10.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Versione Win32: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Versione Win32: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Versione Win32: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Versione Win32: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Accessibility
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Numerics
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
mscorlib.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
Versione assembly: 10.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_it_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per abilitare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
abilitato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Is only a problem for me?

unchartedx

Hoping that there is an update with this plugin - I've loved using 1.2 on my streams. Unfortunately the lastest OBS updates seem to only make the plugin crash when trying to connect.

It functions as a basic soundboard but I can't switch scenes with it at all.

How is the recode coming? I'd happily support this with some $