Latest NVIDIA driver not recognized after latest OBS update

bob2018

Hello, thanks for helping. After updating OBS to V30.1.1 I get an error msg when I want to start recording. Apparently, the driver of my NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphics card is not up to date. But I get the same msg after updating the driver to the latest available. Until the recent software upate it ran absolutely smoothly since its first installation. I am stuck. Does anyone else have this issue, please? Here is the log : https://obsproject.com/logs/HPojfF9KOqamQIaJ

koala

The GT 730 isn't supported by Nvidia any more with drivers that provide the newer API levels required by newer OBS. Only security fixes are provided, but no new drivers in general. You either have to get a newer GPU or use some older OBS that accepts the older drivers.

koala

Sorry, but I don't remember which OBS version requires which Nvidia driver version. Really old OBS versions didn't require any reasonably recent drivers (at that time), but the last few OBS releases almost all required current drivers or even newer hardware.

bob2018

Of course, how could you remember that. Besides that you certainly have more important things to remember. Many thanks for your help, I'll find a solution with an oder version. Best.