Last.fm's Scrobble Feature

NerdTech

hi guys,

Right now I'm using a plugin to get my text scroller to display the current music track I'm playing, it uses Last.fm's "Scrobble" information to get the track information from a supported mediaplayer and output it to a text file.

It might be nice if this function was included in OBS "Add-->Text" source option where you could enter your Last.fm's username and password and pull the "Scrobble" information and put it into a text file that could then be used.

Just an idea!!

NerdTech

NerdTech

Dajova said:
http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=925

Thanks Dajova but like I said in my post I already use a plugin for this. I would like to see this internally supported without extra plugins, either as an area in a text source where you can enter your last.fm username/password or even as a new source type eg "Add-->Music Ticker" etc...

-thanks

Krazy

Town drunk
There's no need for this to be added internally since, as you said, there is already a plugin that does this...

Adding it as an "internal" feature wouldn't add any benefit.

NerdTech

Krazy said:
There's no need for this to be added internally since, as you said, there is already a plugin that does this...

Adding it as an "internal" feature wouldn't add any benefit.

I disagree, setting up the plugin is fiddly, can be confusing for new users and requires Java to run which most people don't like to run these days due to security issues. The "Snip" plugin is much nicer and easier to setup but the range of media-players supported is very limited right now. Since many casters play music in the background being able to do this right from OBS would obviously be very popular thing to include internally and is another reason why I disagree. But thanks for your opinion anyway.

Faruton

Developer
Depending on how savvy you are with JavaScript, you could easily write this functionality in JavaScript with the browser plugin