Lagging Webcam During Recording

PlanetDrewpiter

Hello! Hoping to get some help with settings for my computer while recording gameplay. I use the Epoc Cam Pro App as my webcam, and it has a noticable lag once I start actually getting into particular games. I tried playing with the settings, but it hasn't quite worked. Any ideas?

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/BTPghptqGZvz8uNY

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Laptop GPU
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

motleyschu

I had the same issue...Here's what I've figured out, hopefully this helps you as well.

I was initially unable to play games such as Fortnite or GTAV on high settings or 4k, i had to play on Medium in 1080p. Now i can play both titles with minimal stuttering, mainly happens during cutscene or loading, but nowhere near what it was.

By default, Epoccam uses the GPU for processing, which may max out under demanding titles.
Use this link: https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/ar...ed-Driver-GPU-Video-Processing-Configuration-

They explain that there are different "modes" that can be used to process this different.
You can use an alternative GPU, either integrated or a secondary GPU.
You can set it to decode on GPU but process on CPU (This is what worked for me, i have integrated but did not choose to enable in BIOS atm)
Or
You can set it to only run off the CPU *very CPU intensive.*

all you have to do is simply create a .txt file, put the number of mode you wish and save it in the file specified.
Not in instructions, but i restarted before playing...just incase....

On the Con side, a game like Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 seems to still cause issue, it's unplayable on stream with Epoccam..even offstream it wont work...

So this doesn't seem to be the be all end all fix, but for some titles this will absolutely help!

Last edited:

motleyschu

my system is Ryzen 9 3900x with an 11gb RTX 2080 ti, and 64gb of RAM.

ALSO, as an added boost, if you go into task manager, and click on the Details tab, find Camerahub.exe, right click and set the priority to Above Normal or High....You can do this to iTunes as well, idk if it's necessary but we need itunes for Epoccam to run off USB...so maybe?