Lagging video while recording screen capture?

SausageMahoney

I just downloaded OBS this morning and I tried recording screen capture with it but it became really laggy. I was not streaming, just screen capture. How do I fix this? I had Davinci Resolve up as well but I closed that and it was still laggy. I also have a few tabs open in Firefox. I hardly use Chrome, so that wasn't open either

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 16GB RAM, and RTX 3070

I tried dropping the frames for recording from 60 FPS to 30 and that did nothing. I also tried turning off the Windows screen capture as well. Still no difference in lag

I enabled VSYNC, capped my frames at 144, I went from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen, or borderless fullscreen. I don't remember, but I changed it to see if either of those would help. No difference in recording quality yet. It only happens with this one game as well. I have only played two games using OBS so far. One game I have no issues with, the second game is what is causing the lagging and stuttering in my recording

I also set OBS as my preference in graphics settings. No change in quality either

SausageMahoney

I just downloaded OBS this morning and I tried recording screen capture with it but it became really laggy. I was not streaming, just screen capture. How do I fix this? I had Davinci Resolve up as well but I closed that and it was still laggy. I also have a few tabs open in Firefox. I hardly use Chrome, so that wasn't open either

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 16GB RAM, and RTX 3070

I tried dropping the frames for recording from 60 FPS to 30 and that did nothing. I also tried turning off the Windows screen capture as well. Still no difference in lag

I enabled VSYNC, capped my frames at 144, I went from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen, or borderless fullscreen. I don't remember, but I changed it to see if either of those would help. No difference in recording quality yet. It only happens with this one game as well. I have only played two games using OBS so far. One game I have no issues with, the second game is what is causing the lagging and stuttering in my recording

I also set OBS as my preference in graphics settings. No change in quality either
I also just updated my drivers. No help. I've watched some videos and done a few other minor things in the OBS settings to no success

JohnPee

Hi SausageMahoney this forum is very active but in all cases it is useful to those wanting to help if you can post a log from OBS when the problem is occurring. See this link on how to do that..

SausageMahoney

Hi SausageMahoney this forum is very active but in all cases it is useful to those wanting to help if you can post a log from OBS when the problem is occurring. See this link on how to do that..

Should I clear my log and then share? If so how

Nvm, here you go

koala

You added 2 different capture sources, display capture and game capture. It isn't possible to capture Destiny 2 with game capture, because this game actively refuses being captured that way. Remove the game capture source. That source might be the reason for your issues. Remove it, just disabling isn't enough.
The display capture source is the only way to capture this game. Keep just this source. To make this source work, you need to run Destiny 2 either in windowed mode or borderless fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen mode cannot be captured.

Also see https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/ar...Third-Party-Application-Feature-Compatibility

SausageMahoney

You added 2 different capture sources, display capture and game capture. It isn't possible to capture Destiny 2 with game capture, because this game actively refuses being captured that way. Remove the game capture source. That source might be the reason for your issues. Remove it, just disabling isn't enough.
The display capture source is the only way to capture this game. Keep just this source. To make this source work, you need to run Destiny 2 either in windowed mode or borderless fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen mode cannot be captured.

Also see https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/ar...Third-Party-Application-Feature-Compatibility
I was running screen capture before and I still had issues. Game capture was my second option. Want me to run a recording again and send another log? I thought I was using borderless window but I'll double check