Keyboard input Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasHesslon

Hello dear OBSers!
I think that a source, which displays the Keyboard input to the stream/recorded Video would be a really helpful tool. Not for gaming of course, but for tutorials etc...
I hope ssome of you like this suggestion
Das Hesslon

Xerouz

Anyone know how to get Hot virtual keyboard to show up on stream? When I select to add a software capture source, it is not listed in the drop down menu for windows to capture.

zolia

There is a option in hot virtual keyboard that call something like "windows style default" you need to active it , is in Theme option, then you will be able to select it with software capture.

Phaqui

I am in the unfortunate situation where I do not have two screens. I really can't play my game in anything else than fullscreen mode. Now, I can run hot virtual keyboard just fine, and I have it in my scene all set up just fine, but when my game is fullscreen and hot virtual keyboard is "behind" it, it doesn't draw anything, it's just all black. I guess this is intended behavior - after all, why waste computing power on drawing something that isn't shown to the user... So my question is, does anyone know if is possible to "force" the program to draw it's output, even if the window manager (or whatever is in charge of it) insist the window not be drawn because it isn't shown on any output...?

soopah

I supose you can't if you stay with fullscreen mode.

There is AutoHotKey script for game who don't have Borderless Windowed Fullscreen mode (You need to adapt the resolution in the script):

Code:
; Borderless Windowed - AutoHotkey Script
; A simple AutoHotkey script that will force this mode for me. The script removes the window border and title bar of any window :

;Toggle Title bar
^!f::
WinGetTitle, currentWindow, A
IfWinExist %currentWindow%
{
WinSet, Style, ^0xC00000 ; toggle title bar
}
return
; The hotkey is Control+Alt+f. It applies changes to whatever window has focus.

;Toggle Window border
^!g::	
{
WinSet, Style, ^0x800000 ; toggle thin-line border
WinSet, Style, ^0x400000 ; toggle dialog frame
WinSet, Style, ^0x40000 ; toggle thickframe/sizebox
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000 ; hide title bar
}
return
; To use script, the hotkey is Control+Alt+g.

;Go fullscreen
^!h::
{
WinMove, , , 0, 0, 1920, 1080 ;Set your screen resolution
}
return
; To use script, the hotkey is Control+Alt+h.

;Go windowed
^!j::
{
WinMove, , , 54, 28, 1814, 1052 ;Set the window size you want
}
return
; To use script, the hotkey is Control+Alt+j.

Run the game in windowed, then hit Ctrl+alt+G, then Ctrl + Alt + H (that will hide border, then go fullscreen)

That don't work with all game.

Phaqui

Actually the game (StarCraft II) has a "borderless windowed fullscreen mode" (simply named "fullscreen (windowed)" in the game). But I still assume that when I have the game in focus, the window manager can determine that none of the other windows needs to be drawn, so they remain all black... what I am looking for is something to tell the window manager to draw the window even though the window manager itself may think it's not necessary..

Krazy

Town drunk
Phaqui said:
Actually the game (StarCraft II) has a "borderless windowed fullscreen mode" (simply named "fullscreen (windowed)" in the game). But I still assume that when I have the game in focus, the window manager can determine that none of the other windows needs to be drawn, so they remain all black... what I am looking for is something to tell the window manager to draw the window even though the window manager itself may think it's not necessary..
Window Capture will still properly capture things in the background. I do all of this on a single monitor: http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05/b/393607422

Phaqui

FIXED. Following up on my two previous posts; I found a fix. In the Hot Virtual Keyboard options under "Theme", there is a setting called "Common transparency". Turn that all the way to 0%, and it can in the foreground, and will get captured. It won't be clickable in any means either, so it works just the way I want it to!

EDIT: For some reason I could not get that to work, Krazy... Anyway, works fine now, so that's all good. :)

http://en.twitch.tv/phaqui/b/393831440?t=18m20s

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
With window capture, Aero ON, you should be good to capture a window that is overlapped by something else, no matter what, unless something goes fullscreen. Aero OFF will disable this ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.