Keyboard and mouse hitching when live and certain media sources active

ashely miami

(Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/BUAZoAJzwP17ORmu )

I've been having an issue specifically with a scene that I have two MP4 videos running on. Whenever I go live on that scene, my keyboard and mouse start to lag in a way that is almost unusable. My mouse will occasionally hitch and freeze, and when I'm typing my keyboard will freeze up, then start typing on it's own like I'm holding down the key. (Example: I'd try to type "start" and I'll get "Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" until I mash the backspace key until it stops. And even then the backspace key will backspace continually until I hit another one.)

The scene has two MP4 videos playing on it. One is 4 minutes long and is 241MB in size, (has a Luma Key filter on it) and the other is 30 seconds long and 8mb in size (and has chroma key and color correction filters on it.) They both loop on the screen. The lagging definitely happens when I go live, but will sometimes happen sparingly if I just have the program open.

The thing is, I'm on a brand-new computer I got just a little over a month ago. My old computer was nearly 7 years old, and had half the ram, a much worse CPU, and a bottom level graphics card. Yet, it was able to render this scene with no issues whatsoever. I've run the auto configuration wizard and used the recommended settings, and it still happens. I set the sources to "use hardware decoding when available" to no avail.

Can anyone offer some input or point me in the right direction as to what this issue is? My gut reaction is to re-render out my MP4 sources at a lower resolution before putting them into OBS but like I said, it was fine on a much worse computer so I feel like it's not the file size of the video.