Question / Help Issues with Windows 10/OBS Studio recognizing headset microphone

Deffffy

Howdy,

I'm struggling to find a thread that addresses this problem. My microphone (Beexcellent GM-1 headset) is not being recognized by my Windows 10 system, nor OBS Studio. When I plug it into my PC, it says in a notification, "You just plugged a device into the audio jack". However, when I look for it in OBS audio settings (or alternatively, Windows Sound Settings), it does not show my microphone as an option. To be clear, I am only having issues with using my microphone. The headphones work normally. Also, I just started using this headset. The options for sound recording devices in both windows sound settings and OBS studio are "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)" and "Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio)". After some testing, I learned that when using the "Microphone" device, it uses the default microphone that comes with the PC (So it was essentially like not having my headset plugged in at all, aside from the headphones audio), and the "Stereo Mix" device does literally nothing. I have the "Microphone" set as my default device in sound settings. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Windows, an issue with OBS, or even an issue with another conflicting program. I do know that it can't be an issue with the microphone itself because it works on Xbox One. A log file is attached. I hope this is enough information for the issue to be diagnosed and resolved, but if not I will be welcome to answering any additional information.

Attachments

• 2020-04-30 18-52-35.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 22

BionicClick

if you just started using this headset, are you certain the headset port you are plugging it into has the microphone capability? some don't and only output sound and cannot accommodate a headset mic.
If you are not seeing the mic in windows its a windows issue not OBS. and more than likely the issue mentioned above.