Issues streaming Facebook Live from OBS Studio (Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video)

chipman

Im not quite sure what happened and if this is an issue with Facebook but all of a sudden I could NOT stream through Facebook live using OBS even though ive had zero issues in the past. Ive also tried logging in to Facebook using Chrome instead of Safari(Mac user) and that didn't work either and I still get the same error message.

Upon checking the Facebook event logs there are notes indicating that receipt of the signal("Line Service received the video signal") so it appears that the signal is getting transmitted to Facebook?

I attached the log history file if anyone want to take a peep.

Thank you much!
Chip

Attachments

• 2024-04-19 08-56-35.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 6

Lawrence_SoCal

you guys make me nervous... hope FB resolves by this for us by Sunday

Have you testing Preview Window in FB /Live/Producer? anything in the Alerts ?
And have you checked with a Go Live Test stream (limit audience) and see if stream is actually working anyway?

chipman

you guys make me nervous... hope FB resolves by this for us by Sunday

Have you testing Preview Window in FB /Live/Producer? anything in the Alerts ?
And have you checked with a Go Live Test stream (limit audience) and see if stream is actually working anyway?
When I attempt to stream to Facebook using OBS Studio, I get an alert on FB Live Producer

"Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video"​

I can't even attempt to a run a test stream since my feed won't even make it to Facebook, it seems.

Odd!

Lawrence_SoCal

I can't even attempt to a run a test stream since my feed won't even make it to Facebook, it seems.
per my post in the other thread on same issue in this forum.
don't assume because Preview Window not working in /Live/Producer that your feed isn't making it to FB, and available for Going Live...

FPCDexterAV

Lawrence,

You're correct. Its local to the 'Live Producer'. Once I 'went live' the video preview did appear. I checked using another computer on FB, and that live stream test was working.

WHEW ... your suggestion to run a live test just lowered my blood pressure.

mkal2

Im not quite sure what happened and if this is an issue with Facebook but all of a sudden I could NOT stream through Facebook live using OBS even though ive had zero issues in the past. Ive also tried logging in to Facebook using Chrome instead of Safari(Mac user) and that didn't work either and I still get the same error message.

Upon checking the Facebook event logs there are notes indicating that receipt of the signal("Line Service received the video signal") so it appears that the signal is getting transmitted to Facebook?

I attached the log history file if anyone want to take a peep.

Thank you much!
Chip
Same issue on Windows. I was able to do a browser (MS Edge) 're-fresh' and the live stream video was displayed. Same error using Firefox & Chrome. So, it's possibly a windows issue??