Question / Help Issues before even streaming

Omega6ix

So I have the newest version downloaded and used Revo to uninstall the program from before. Most games seem to work fine with my 980ti SLI until I get to Star Citizen. Yes I've tried using the Multi-adapter Compatability option and still had major issues. My problem is that when I load a game and it shows up, either by Game Detection or Window Detection, the frames in OBS drop even before the stream is started. Meaning in the bottom of OBS window, where it shows '30.00 fps' will drop to 7 or 8. Now this is even before starting the stream. KEEP IN MIND, in game, I'm getting well over 100 fps in most games. I am trying to stream 720/30 and at 2100 bitrate. This is to Twitch. Some games have no issues when SLI is enabled. The rest just tank in FPS. then when I disable SLI, same issue. Just opposite.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
So, just to explain a bit up front. OBS can only run on a single GPU can capture frames from that single GPU. SLi splits rendering duty between the GPUs, so frames get lost during capture of the one GPU. This is why games appear stuttery and low-framerate with SLi enabled. Turning on multi-adapter compatibility changes the capture method to memory capture, which allows OBS to capture the entire buffer from both GPUs, but at a significant performance hit.

As someone who dealt with SLi for several years, I always just disabled it when using OBS (and eventually altogether). It was a constant headache otherwise.

Omega6ix

Okay. Because with my system, let's say I have 11 games I stream. 1, 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 all have great performance in OBS with SLI enabled. 2, 4, 5, 7, and 10 do not. After disabling SLI, these 5 will work and the others will either work at a lower fps and kinda look good or just crash and burn and make my stream drop. So now, with SLI disabled and broadcasting, what makes some of those games drop frames in OBS but not in game itself?

And thank you so much for the help.