Issue regarding "Failed to connect to server"

KiryuLiu

The situation is that no matter how I adjust OBS, I could not stream and OBS continuously report "Failed to Connect to server". I have attemped the following ways to sort the problem out but still cannot get it fixed:
1. Allowing Firewall access for OBS
2. Using different streaming platform
3. Use "Bind to IP" : This one creates an additional message saying "Error reaching the host. Make sure that the interface you have bound can access the internet and that the streaming service supports the address family you selected (see Settings --> Advanced)".
4. Restart my router & set it to default
5. Other streaming software does function. (but I still want to use OBS)

I think this is an internet setting issue. Is there any other issues that could cause this to happen?
What other methods should I try?

PaiSand

Most common issue regarding fail to connect to server is a problem within the ISP network, but a log file with an attempt to connect and fail is needed to see if this is the case.

KiryuLiu

Most common issue regarding fail to connect to server is a problem within the ISP network, but a log file with an attempt to connect and fail is needed to see if this is the case.
The log is here as the attachment.

Attachments

• 2024-05-09 09-20-42.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 6

qhobbes

Are you trying to use IPv6 on an IPv4-only interface?
Settings > Advanced > Network >
IP Family: (Default)
Bind to IP: Default
If that doesn't work:
IP Family: IPv4 Only
Bind to IP: ###.###.###.###
[Apply], [OK]

KiryuLiu

Are you trying to use IPv6 on an IPv4-only interface?
Settings > Advanced > Network >
IP Family: (Default)
Bind to IP: Default
If that doesn't work:
IP Family: IPv4 Only
Bind to IP: ###.###.###.###
[Apply], [OK]
I had tried both and they all returned the same message as the one I mentioned above (3).

KiryuLiu

I tried various versions from the past and it seems 27 works normally, but not any version beyond that...is this a potential bug or something?