ISO Recording

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
ISO recording is planned, though the number of simultaneous encodes would be capped by your computer's encoding capability. Your best bet would be to get something like an NVIDIA Quadro card with uncapped NVENC instances, plus a solid Intel CPU that supports a good number of QSV instances.

ibnabouna

+ 1 for ISO recording on Mac. Some of OBS's commercial competitors, such as Wirecast and MimoLive offer this functionality. I bet many would switch to OBS if this functionality was released. I personally prefer OBS, but keep a MimoLive subscription just for the ISO recording when I want to record and not stream.

Exeldro released a plugin which allows you to do ISO recordings in OBS. It's still however rather buggy and prone to crashing but it's progress.

RicohLA

+ 1 for ISO recording on Mac. Some of OBS's commercial competitors, such as Wirecast and MimoLive offer this functionality. I bet many would switch to OBS if this functionality was released. I personally prefer OBS, but keep a MimoLive subscription just for the ISO recording when I want to record and not stream.
I'd definitely buy the devs a coffee for this.

CmikePro

I'm literally signing up on Patreon just to help make this happen, because I too am stuck with an ATEM for ISO recording option and I would save hundreds of dollars if OBS could get ISO / Source Recoding built in. PLUS if I could record my final custom PiP at the same time - (dream)

SilverknightFL

I love the ISO plug-in function, but all my ISOs (whether 1 or 4) stop recording prematurely at 2:11-2:12 (assuming that the recording is longer than that). The quality is perfect and I have a great deal of CPU resources (OBS only using a few percentage). Is there an ISO plug-in setting that I have wrong?