iShowU Capture Audio issue

BrandonKNSS

Hi Support,

I am having a few issues with iShowU Capture audio on my MacBook Pro 16" running macOS Catalina:

1) When I am on a video conference using GoTo Meetings, Google Hangouts/meetings, Microsoft Teams or Zoom.us about 5 minutes into the call the other peoples audio start to distort and sound digital. Like there is disruption on the line. It sounds really terrible. When I change the output source to my MacBook Pro internal speakers it resolves the issue. The challenge is I am not able to wear my headphones and listen to the guest if I do that.

2) When I am live streaming and having a guest on through Zoom.us locally the guest sounds great. But on the streams YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and the recording the guests volume is low. On OBS they are around 12 dbs and coming through loud and clear. you can see an example here of what I am talking about Neal is the guest https://youtu.be/UAurxNE3mL0

I would really appreciate your help with this to resolve both issues as soon as possible. I have attached screenshots of my configuration to help trouble shoot this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.39.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.39.11 PM.png
    795.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.30.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.30.46 PM.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.28.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.28.51 PM.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 5.57.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 5.57.25 PM.png
    754 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.42.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.42.50 AM.png
    888.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.42.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.42.08 AM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 43

BrandonKNSS

I'm going to test it but it appears that the "Drift Correction" needs to be set for all audio devices so the first issue doesn't happen of audio distortion. Has anyone else run into this issue?

StevePugh

I think I have the same thing. This is what happened during an interview last week, if you skip forward you'll see it becomes a disaster. On my end (in the ear piece it sounded ok), but this is what was broadcast. All ideas welcome! https://youtu.be/3_dkx9mrkM8

StevePugh

Hi Brandon, something to try. I never traditionally had a problem when capturing my Zoom window as a window capture. I recently changed it to 'display capture' as I was told this had higher latency. I've just changed it back and I'm testing to see if it has fixed the problem. I'll let you know how I get on.

StevePugh

Hi Brandon, something to try. I never traditionally had a problem when capturing my Zoom window as a window capture. I recently changed it to 'display capture' as I was told this had higher latency. I've just changed it back and I'm testing to see if it has fixed the problem. I'll let you know how I get on.

It wasnt this. I tried both window capture and display capture. I wondered if display capture was picking up audio from somewhere. It's not. Plus I did a test and it is much quicker than Window capture... so that's a good lesson learned.

I also did a few tests with drift connection ON for both of my multi output devices - iShowU and External Headphones (which run to my speakers, which have a headphone jack for my ear piece). They seemed to be fine. So I've turned off drift connect on both and I'm doing a test now.

StevePugh

Hi Brandon, I tried lots of things yesterday... but one thing I've come down to. Check if all of your audio sources are on the same 48kHz or 44.1kHz. I believe it's the difference between these two which causes the problem. If you're able to check your own system this might identify the problem. It'd be great to know if you get the chance? All the best.